A bubbly blog about boys, bleeding, and the basics between.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Opening Number

Well hello out there in blogspot land! It is I. Anthony. I've decided that it's time to start blogging about my experiences. I'm going to be honest. I don't really know what a blog is! But I'm totally willing to learn, so PLEASE feel free to send some constructive criticism my way! :)

I feel like this first post should be a little bit about me.

I am Anthony, a 27 year old actor living in NYC, which means I wait a lot of tables. I am currently employed at 2 different restaurants, one is a world famous shrimp shack based on a very famous movie (I am using discretion on this one), and the other is a bistro in the East Village.

Great. Big surprise. An actor who waits tables. Why do you wanna keep reading? I'll tell you! I call myself... wait for it... The Hemo Homo.

Here's the thing. I am also a hemophiliac who happens to also be a homosexual. I know take a minute to let that absorb. For those of you who know what both of these things are, sorry. You're going to have to struggle through the explanations.

So I think everyone is pretty clear on what being gay is, so I won't really touch that one. It's the hemophilia thing that always gets me the scrunched up nose face with a remark like, "So wait. If you cut yourself you don't stop bleeding?"

This answer is: Yes. I stop bleeding. Here's the definition. I'll give you a minute to look over the science.

Okay, now that you're back. Here's my definition. I bleed internally. Since I have Hemophilia A, I'm missing a bunch of the stuff that makes my blood clot when I get physically injured, such as a punch (or having a giant industrial coffee pot fall on your hand while working at one of those FANTASTIC serving jobs. ugh). It's called Factor VIII (8). So basically I need medical attention whenever I get injured, and I use ice treatments for the minor stuff, and Factor 8 infusions for the bigger stuff. We'll get into all that in a later post. I don't wanna scare you away TOO soon.

So you can imagine the wacky and zany antics that can occur when you combine this genetic anomaly to the crazy world of gayness. Let me tell you... hilarity ensues.

So there we are. The Hemo Homo. Please feel free to tweet me (@anthonyromeo) questions at anytime. I would be MORE than willing to answer anything you wanna know. And follow my blog. Sometimes it'll be informative, or funny, or hopefully both.

Buckle up everybody, because this is going to be one bumpy ride.

Till we meet again...

5 comments:

  1. I could probably write a few posts for you ;-) So glad you're finally getting this out there, love you!!! xx -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your blog and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete