A bubbly blog about boys, bleeding, and the basics between.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A difference of opinion...

I'm sorry I disappeared for a while. Things have been crazy since the road trip and I just haven't had a chance to write. So Oh my God, I'm back again. Party people everybody sing. Okay... Enough Backstreet Boys.

So I could sit here and tell you about another funny story from my past, which is always a good time, or tell you about all of the ridiculous things taking place in my present, which is also pretty entertaining, but I feel like this is a good time to comment on current events, because I dunno how I missed it, but a mouse was cured of Hemophilia... What?!?

I may have a different interpretation of hemophilia than some others out there, especially because I am mild-moderate, but I have a hard time believing that I am going to see a cure for Hemophilia become available to the public before I turn 50, even if then.

I know. I sound pessimistic, but I'm not a negative person... Normally. I just feel like I have a tendency to be real. Pharmaceutical companies make too much money off of hemophilia treatment to allow a cure to come out soon.

Now, I know I am talking in generalizations, not ALL pharmaceutical companies feel that way, I guarantee, just like not all 'mo's think Britney deserves her recent success (come on Brit, you can dance better live). But here in lies the rub, when for years these companies have been funding new and better treatments to REGULATE bleeding, why would they then just turn around and not lobby that gene therapy research is too dangerous for consumers, or the Darwin theory, or whatever reasons they think will relate to government officials to keep customers using their products that, thankfully, they have poured millions of dollars into just so that they could lose all of it.

The medical industry is a big business. Business. And to make money people need to stay, somewhat, sick. More comfortable, but sick. It's tough to think about, but I know that some of you feel that way out there as well.

And I hope I am wrong. This is why I love living in America. Because I can start a blog about my life and have my own opinion, and know that other people feel differently, and that's okay. Maybe one day I will be able to live my life without the fear of bleeding. But I think that day is a little far off. For now, I am thankful that there are treatments that can keep me healthy and have helped to make this illness livable.

So don't hate. I'm just speaking my mind. And I'm interested in knowing what you think. So tweet me (@TheHemoHomo) or comment here. I will respond. Hope everyone reading is having a good day, because I am on my way to work... Yuck...

Till we meet again...

Location:E 72nd St,New York,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment