A bubbly blog about boys, bleeding, and the basics between.

Friday, November 11, 2011

NHF11 - Day 1

Okay. So this is take two. I had a really hard time with my blog this morning so let's hope this works better. (It's a new iPad app).

Yesterday was such a fun day for NHF11! I woke up in the morning, after a beautiful nights sleep, to bluebirds pulling back my sheets and bunny rabbits bringing me my slippers. okay. So I didn't wake up like an animated princess, but it was still a great sleep.

After getting dressed, and I looked fabulous might I add, I headed down to the Biogen Idec Advisory Board and ate some delicious watermelon. Anywho, since it was a confidential meeting, there isn't too much that I can tell you, but I feel like I can discuss thongs that have been mentioned in the literature. Biogen Idec is working on a fantastic new factor product for both Hemophilia A and B that is longer lasting. Although data is still being collected, it really appears to be working. For information on the really smart important parts of the science, check out the Biogen Idec Website.

Since it was a super secret meeting and if I talk about it too much birds will come down and attack my jugular, I will now move on with my post...

Okay. So, after my fantastic meeting, I met up with some friends I haven't seen in a while, and I met some new friends as well as seeing Matt Stinger and meeting Ryan Rotenberry were huge highlights yesterday.

I then went to the Opening Meeting which was truly inspirational. Val D. Bias spoke with such eloquence and passion it was hard not to be moved by his words. He also brought up on stage Jeanne White-Ginder, the mother of Ryan White, and that brought tears to my eyes.

After Val left the stage, Alex Borstein, of Family Guy fame, spoke, or should I say performed. Not only does she have a history of Hemophilia in her family (who knew), but she also sang some selections from HEMOPHILIA! The Musical, which consisted of her changing lyrics to famous musical theatre pieces. Needless to say, I was rolling on the floor.

After the meeting I checked out the exhibits, but I will post pictures on next blog post so stay tuned.

After that came SOCIAL INFUSION! It was amazing to go to a random bar in Chicago (English) and finally meet face to face some of you that have been reading my blog and following me on twitter. We tossed back a couple beers and all talked and had a blast Search #SocialInfusion on Twitter for pics since I didn't take any. haha.

So much fun, I can't wait for Day 2!!!

Till we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment