A bubbly blog about boys, bleeding, and the basics between.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bleeding Across the Country - Day 4

So guess where I am... VEGAS... UGGGGHHHHH.

So Vegas is a lot of fun, but not when you spend most of your day chilling at a Freightliner hoping you're gonna get on the road... And then you don't.. I'm bleeding across Nevada at this point, not the county. Let me fill you in..




So we wake up early to go back to the Freightliner place and break out the Phase 10 cards again... 8am... 9am.... 10am... When 11am rolls around we realize something must be up, then one of the technicians comes in and asks, "Who is in charge of the Sprinter?" Jeff responds. And the technician then says, "Come with me and I'll show you what's wrong..." Uh-oh. That's never good.

After a little bit, Jeff comes back, with this look on his face that just breathes negative things. Yes. The van is broken. Its some turbo something or other that my little "gactor" (not to be confused with factor. Ha! The gactor needs factor. Might be my new tagline...) mind just cant understand, but it has something to do with a flap or valve that gets stuck... (That's what she said...) And we cannot get the part until Monday. It is Friday. You have got to be kidding me. We were supposed to be back in NY by Monday. Okay. Breathe deep. We will figure it out.

Jeff gets on the phone with Theatreworks and talks to them for a while. Here is the resolution. We will now be flying to Louisville where we are going to pick up the other van we were supposed to pick up, then drive to Dayton, OH. After staying overnight in Dayton, we are then driving straight back to NYC, and after the van gets fixed, someone is going to go back out and get it...

So we got a hotel near the airport and just kinda chilled out. I went to bed super early because our flight is at 8:25am. Keep checking back to see how the rest of these adventures play out!

Till we meet again...

*PS- My elbow is fine :-) In case you were worried...

Also, tell me your bad road trip/travel stories! Mention me on twitter and add the hashtag #hemoroadtrip

Location:Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment