A bubbly blog about boys, bleeding, and the basics between.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Bleeding Across the Country - Day 7

When the skies are brighter canary yellow
I forget ev'ry cloud I've ever seen,
So they called me a cockeyed optimist
Immature and incurably green....


Yeah. I felt like quoting South Pacific was exactly what I needed after this day. This terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, day... (Where is Alexander when you need him)... Although it started off AWESOME.

So after passing out at like 4am after chit-chatting with Mel, I woke up at like 7 and walked back to the hotel to get ready for breakfast with Michael Schultz (@michaelschultz). Not only is he the creator of Hemalog, but he is also just a straight up cool dude. He picked me up and we went to this awesome restaurant aptly titled The Cafe. I had this amazing Hash and Eggs and he had Twice Baked French Toast. The food was amazing, and the conversation was even better. We discussed everything from the new iPhone OS to the way we were raised involving protective head gear (that lucky duck didn't wear a helmet. I'm totes jeals).







He's heading to TX, so let's wish him a much better #HemoRoadTrip than I've been having... Segue to...

THE GARAGE.

OMG. So we were told that the van would be ready today by 10, 11 at the latest. By 12 we still have not heard from the garage, so... We decided to just drive to the garage and wait there. We hop in our adorable Chevy HHR rental, and drive into downtown Louisville.

When we get there, we discover that they have JUST started to run the diagnostic. AT 12:30!!!!!!! They have had this van for over 2 months. We are pissed. So we now know we probably aren't getting home now until Tuesday afternoon... At least there was a Purple Pegasus...







Turns out, we needed new seat belts. And guess what. None in stock. So Patrick decided to fly home while Jeff and I stayed behind, again, to hope that the van will actually be fixed Tuesday morning. So please... PLEASE keep me in your thoughts because I would really like to get back to NYC and some point before I turn 30... Fingers crossed...

Side note? Um... Louisville has Mello Yellow Zero. Yes, please...





Till we meet again...

Location:Alliant Ave,Jeffersontown,United States

1 comment:

  1. They have lots of fun drinks in Kentucky, like Ale-8-1 (A Late One) which is kinda like ginger ale, and also Horse Piss Beer which I didn't try but saw for sale at a few gas stations. And of course there's the bourbon, but I saw you referenced Maker's Mark in another post. At least the folks in Kentucky are friendly, and there are some touristy things you can do if you get bored. Better to be stranded in a city-ish area rather than stuck on a mountain in the middle of the Rockies.

    ReplyDelete