A bubbly blog about boys, bleeding, and the basics between.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Bleeding Across the Country - Night 5 & Day 6

Wow. I'm actually going to have a positive blog post for once! Who knew?!

So my friend Melissa was super tired when we arrived, and we were HUNGRY, so we left Melissa at Derby Dinner and went to the Smokin' on the River Festival. It was this AMAZING BBQ festival with Blues music. It was awesome.










I had some amazing BBQ, and a beer and some FUNNEL CAKE... I totally forgot how much I LOVE funnel cake.









After the festival (the festival? The KING'S festival?!?!) we went back to the hotel and I grabbed some clothes and then went to the actor's house where Melissa lives.

And then, I met Schmatthew. Amazingly fabulous in every sense of the word. And then i met Schmlexi, who was equally as fabulous... And then we went to bed.

*cue birds chirping*

As I awaken refreshed and renewed with baby birds tying ribbons in my hair, we head to Toast in downtown Louisville. It was an amazing brunch. Not as good as Belcourt (of course), but still DELICIOUS!








After brunch we all just shot the breeze and went for a Target run, before I returned to the hotel for a refreshing shower and got all dolled up to go see a play at Derby called "Life After Dad." We shared a couple bottles of wine and had some delicious food, and then we returned home for a bit. I caught up with another old friend, Schmelly (Not smelly. She actually smells quite nice), which was much needed. :-)

We then decided to go to The Connection so Melissa decides to be the DD and Schmatthew and I are going to be the passengers. After we park the car, we head into Tryangles, which is a cool, low key gay bar where a kinda creepy "straight" guy decided to latch onto us and follow us to The Connection, which is the top Drag Club in the country.



We paid our cover, grabbed some beers, (and by beer I mean Maker's) and grabbed a table. What followed was one of the greatest drag shows I have ever seen (Sorry Lauren Ordeir... Love you!). After the fierce show, we danced for a while and then headed home, after some White Castle, of course...

YouTube Video

It was amazing to get to see Melissa and meet her dear friends that I have heard so many amazing things about. Here is that silver lining. Keep posted for some amazing revelations, because it goes back down hill after this... Ugh.....


Till we meet again...

Location:Forest Dr,Louisville,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment